The purpose of RES is to give rural development specialists an overview of basic education in primary schools in rural areas, what is being done to improve it, and what role they can play in improving it.
While rural development specialists should not suppose to design primary school modules to their projects, they should be able to think about possibilities for including these schools in rural development methods with an enhanced perception. With a good understanding of the threats facing rural primary schools, model that holds promise for integrating these schools, and the principals that should give a road to rural education reform, rural development specialists should be able to judge the feasibility in their own projects of actions that would make possible improvement of rural schools.
The significance of basic education in improving individual lives has been disputed from various viewpoints. From a narrow viewpoint of agricultural enhancement, basic education progress farmer productivity. From a somewhat integrated viewpoint of rural development, it makes possible off-farm employment and the economic progress of rural areas.
1. Rural people get hold of expertise in school that makes them possible to be more productive.
2. To make rural people more active in school and makes them more probable to implement new technologies.
3. Schooling helps rural people to work more efficiently in modern production organizations.
4. Schools socialize these rural people into effective involvement in modern society.
RES would be efforts to achieve objectives:
1. RES help mentors to explain what is “rural”. Rural development RES professionals might help educational experts to investigate the rural areas, in the field of physical and social/cultural environment, so that rural education projects take the particular rural location into account in project design and implementation. Selecting suitable area to make school is a particular exercise that would give advantage to rural people that know the rural areas location.
2. RES will provide other resources for teaching children to schools people about their rural environment, agricultural techniques, and other practical technique skills and knowledge that balance the academic criterion.
3. RES will cheer society to use the school as a center for education and social activities away from primary school. Make the school generous for additional activities, women’s community, community functions, and other events. This will bring parents into the school and also helps in enhancing the school into a multi-task knowledge center and puts it in the middle of the community.
4. RES provide training by professional technical people to primary school teachers about listening and responding towards expressions of student needs and problems.
5. RES promote political support for effective schools, like other rural institutions, projects in all rural areas including education, often have sections intended to boost support for their activities. RES might lead activities that advance local political support for a wide range of development activities, including school enhancement as well as other rural expansion activities.
How can rural development specialists of RES help improve rural schools?
We know that, with the intention of giving contribution to economic growth and to pick up their own excellence of life, people living in rural areas need a minimum basic education. Rural development bears when stages of primary school development are low. On the other hand, rural schools and their students suffer when unsuccessful rural development programs take place to judge their potential for developing human areas and for reducing poverty. Thus, rural development and basic education is two different aspects. Those who work in education can profit through cooperation with those who work in rural development, and vice versa.